Rise Sport Performance Training
You are a motivated athlete and you’re determined to dominate your sport. You realize anyone can make you tired. You want to be Made Better. You want Real Results that Dominate the Competition.
You’re willing to work hard, but realize that just working hard does not necessarily mean better. You want the most effective training system to make you a better athlete. For optimal performance on your chosen stage, not waste your time doing useless workouts and getting the wrong results.
You want to step Out Of the Ordinary and Into Extraordinary.
You Have Come to the Right Place.
It’s time to get to know your strengths and weaknesses and become a real champion. Ever since I can remember, I’ve been devoted to personal growth and this has inspired me to help others grow as well. That’s what inspired me to become a Strength and Conditioning Coach —to motivate, challenge, and get YOU to YOUR Best.
Tammy Kovaluk is a
- certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS through the NSCA),
- certified speed and agility specialist, and
- corrective exercise specialist (FMS Level 2).
Her degrees include a
- BSc in Kinesiology and Biology (University of Victoria) and
- MSc in Kinesiology & Sports Conditioning
(AT Still University, where she received an award for academic excellence).
She writes strength and conditioning articles for:
- NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association)
- American Football International
- Stack (Expert Contributor) Sample article here
- Mountain Institute (Contributor) *sample article here
Tammy brings over 20 years of experience in everything from rehabilitation to achieving peak performance. She has helped numerous athletes attain scholarships, fulfill their dreams, successfully complete Special Forces Selection, get their first win, or attain new achievements they had not thought possible. Physical training has changed her life, and she is passionate and dedicated to helping others achieve their fitness goals.
She was a competitive amateur boxer, cross country runner, triathlete (including IM Hawaii), and elite obstacle course/adventure racer. Tammy continues to push herself, winning the 36hr Ultimate SUCK (both men and women), going after records, ultra running, and designing and completing grueling strength-endurance challenges to fundraise for animal rescues and survivors of domestic abuse.
Tammy loves trail running and hiking in nature, strength training, animals, and as a true Canadian, hockey! She continues to push and challenge herself in new ways.
She believes in leading by example and is very passionate about continuing to push herself as a coach, helping others achieve their best.
- Westshore Rebels Junior Football (strength and speed coach)
- Belmont Bulldogs High School Football (strength and speed coach)
- Victoria Eagles Baseball
- Salpointe High School softball
- Dirtbags Baseball
- Hockey (dryland strength coach: from 4 year to NHL prospect, including goaltenders)
- Soccer (strength and speed individual athletes, from youth to Olympic hopeful)
- Tyee Swimming (dryland coach)
- Blackbirds Rugby
- DeJong Men's Curling
- Esperero middle school cross country (assistant coach)
Leave a Review
How Did I Do?